Passage:____2 Chronicles 20 _________________Date:__27 March 2020__
- What is the main subject? Alignment with God = Victory
- Who are the main people? People of Judah, King Jehoshaphat, Sons of Moab, Ammon, and some Meunites (Edom), Jahaziel, and Ahaziah king of Israel
- What does it say about Christ? N/A from my understanding
- What is the key or main verse? 17 You need not fight in this battle; station yourselves, stand and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem.’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out to face them, for the Lord is with you.”
- What is the central lesson? When you fear the Lord, take the issues to Him; bow, kneel, pray and fast corporately, sing His praises in advance. Then, He will grant peace. When you partner with someone aside of Him, failure is certain.
- What are the main promises? Include and depend on the Lord, take the appropriate actions at the appropriate times, and He will deliver.
- What are the main commands? Do not fear!, put your trust in the Lord, give thanks to the Lord
- What error should I avoid? Partnering with man over God
- What example is here? After the success, Jehoshaphat partnered with Ahaziah without God and God destroyed their works. (v.35-37)
- What do I need most in this chapter to apply to my life today? Trust in the Lord and take my issues to Him immediately. Pray and praise without ceasing. True fasting amplifies the result.
Summarize the main subject: Judah was under the threat of war by the joining armies of Moab, Ammon, and some from Edom during the reign of Jehoshaphat, and this chapter provides the history of the encounter.
Pick a key verse: 3 Jehoshaphat was afraid and turned his attention to seek the Lord, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.
Outline: Very basic here – but the 3 armies (identified in my commentary as being the offspring of Lot) came after Jehoshaphat to dethrone him.