Thought exercise time:
- When did you first hear of the company that you work for?
- How did you become familiar with this company?
- What were your initial thoughts, feelings, and what did you associate with the industry in which this company belongs to?
Now think about:
- What do you want the above to be today for others?
- What do you want people to think about your industry, your company/business, and what are you doing to steer things in that direction?
Figure out what you want that to be, plan out the how you will get there, and take action…but most importantly know the why!
We all know there are plenty of companies and industries that are not glamorous, but do we think about the why? I think it is up to every single employee of a business or that work in a certain industry to help market and shift the perception to reality. To get other businesses or consumers to see that positive change that the company or industry is either trying to make or is successfully achieving in the world. I believe that changing the hearts and minds will translate to a better understanding and a stronger emotional connection between our businesses and customers and the result will be more trust between the two. If we keep that trust by honoring and upholding our promises how can we not be successful?
“Be the change you want to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi