03/13/2017 – Stop Talking & Start Doing

I heard today that only 1% of the population are doers.  The remaining 99% simply talk about it.  We hear someone explain a new idea to us or we read and listen to motivational or self help interviews, podcasts, TED talks etc and get excited, but not excited enough to take real action.  We need to start doing.  We need to become practitioners.  Balance is super critical and we seem to be out of balance.  If you want something you need to get after it.  You need to put in the work, and not just the 8 hour work day we have adopted.  Do the work that others resist and at the vary least you can talk from your experience vs talking about what someone else has done.  For me I need to write things down.  I need to place everything on my calendar so I can set my day on auto-pilot.  If I do not I get distracted or will end up doing things that do not serve me.  For me it is all about the prep.  If I set my week up for success I generally get it.  If I am simply hopeful for a successful week I fail.  It is not a one size fits all approach for sure, but find what works for you and DO it!

Published by HearUsJesus

Grateful Christian. Anything you enjoy here please give the glory and thanks to God, all writing is Spirit led.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: